Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Pixelego - Dr. Mario - Red Virus

I was thinking of making some "pixelized" creations out of Legos for some video game characters. Originally I was hoping to do the old-school Mario, but I did not think I had enough bricks in the appropriate colors. Instead, I went with a simpler pallet with the Red Virus from Dr. Mario.

I have been a long time fan of the puzzle game Dr. Mario. I have the original version for the NES and a few years ago purchased the Gameboy version. I was very surprised to see that the Nintendo DS game Brain Age 2 even has it's own version, although it is titled Virus Buster.


First, I took a picture of the Red Virus from the micro-game in the first WarioWare game.


Then, I created a cleaner and easier to view version on the computer.


A basic Lego model where the side of a 1x1 plate represents a single pixel.


The Lego model seemed too short, so I expanded it. Here is a work in progress photo.


Final version of the Lego model.

No comments: