Monday, January 14, 2008

Black Minifig

In order to create some more Lego creations for the game Portal, I needed an all black minifig. However, I did not have a "body" that had black arms and a solid black torso. I did have different bodies that had these two requirements and I figured I could just take them apart.

I was initially worried I might break something while removing the arms. I did a quick search online and found a modder's website that described how to do this safely. I was able to get most of the arms off without issues, but I did end up slightly damaging one.

Here are some pictures to help others safely remove the arms and hopefully not repeat my mistake.


First, found two minifig bodies that I wanted to disassemble to create an all black body.


Rotate the arms so they appear like the above image with the slots inside visible.


Holding onto the arm, gently pull outward. Do not pull the hand, but the arm instead. I damage one of the arms slightly be pulling on the hand. You might want to remove the hands to prevent this, but I found leaving the hand in made it a little easier to grasp.


All the parts of my minifig. To insert the arms into the torso, just push the arm into the torso. It should go in easily.


The finished product; an all black minifig.

No comments: